Controlar developed an Automatic Line to test Battery Management Systems (BMS).
A BMS is an embedded module performing critical battery functions, intended to measure individual cell voltage, module voltage, and temperatures from the HV batteries.
The BMS must be tested early in development, as well as during manufacturing to ensure reliable functionality.
- Hipot test – current leakage to ensure that the flex cable has not been damaged during the installation.
- Resistance test – resistance measurement between castellated vias test point on board and bus bars terminals, and between weld point on bus bars and test points on board.
- Functional tests – according to customer requirements.
- RF power level – measurement of the radiant RF power level when in manufacturing mode.
- Flashing OMF – flashing of the operational mode firmware through JTAG test points accessible on top side.
- Provisioning – power-up secure mode.
- Network test – validation of Cell Monitoring Unit Module network operation using customer’s equipment.
- Conformal coating – appliance and inspection of the conformal coating on the PCB.
- Certification and end Item label – printing and inspection of these two labels.